History Comes to Life in Pictures
The Spokane Valley Heritage Museum has over 11,500 photos in its archival collection. Search our online collection at spokanevalleymuseum.pastperfectonline.com or visit the museum. Currently we have uploaded over 639 photos and are in the process of uploading more photos.
Our many pictures give a glimpse into what life was like in Spokane Valley — from its early days and on through its development to become a city.
Browse through the collection to see the orchard farm that existed on your property, find your dad’s high school sweetheart (your mom!) in our Central Valley High School portraits, or check out life at the Royal Riblet Estate.
See the history of Spokane Valley through the lens of a camera. Our collections include:
- Felts Field and aviation
- Agriculture and the farming economy
- The Interstate Fair
- Spokane Bridge, where it all began
- The communities of Saltese, Millwood, Opportunity, Greenacres, Newman Lake, Liberty Lake, Opportunity, Otis Orchards and the entire Spokane Valley.
Our collections of historic photos are available for public viewing and reproduction.
Staff can provide assistance in finding specific photos and in offering long-distance requests. Inquiries should be as specific as possible. Contact us for more information.
The Spokane Valley Heritage Museum can make reprints of a photo at your request.
- 5×7: $5 per image
- 8×10: $10 per image
- 11×14: $20 per image
- 16×20: $30 per image
- 300 dip: $15 per image
- 600 dpi: $25 per image
- Large-format 300 dpt: Cost of scanning, plus $25 handling fee
- Architectural sheets, maps or other large-format items: Cost of reproduction
Usage fees apply to images published in any book, magazine, calendar, non-print media, etc., or used for advertising purposes or promotional display, etc.
Revenue generated from reproduction and usage fees are used to maintain the Museum’s collections and are levied in accordance with RCW 27.34.070.1(g).
Usage fees are in addition to reproduction costs.
- Personal use: No charge
- Books, videos, CD-ROMs: $25.00 per media usage
- Commercial display: $25.00 per media usage
- Periodicals: $15.00 per usage
- Film or TV local commercial: $30.00
- Film or TV national commercial: $120.00